Sunday, August 2, 2015

Friendship Fridays - Would you like to participate?

Hey Y'all! 

I need to start off by saying that I am having a BLAST on Instagram! I didn't realize how much becoming involved with "teacher" social media would fuel my excitement even more in this profession. I love looking at all of the pictures of BTS projects, classroom decorating and random everyday shenanigans. I have had my own personal instagram before, but it was never like this. I feel like I am actually creating friendships and becoming a part of something very special. 

For most of us who are just starting on this new blogging and social media venture it can be very intimidating to see others who have a KAJILLION followers on every one of their accounts. I know that it takes time to build relationships and gain notoriety, but for some of us who are brand new to all of this, we can't help but to think and ask... "where do I start?" 

I have made a few Instagram friends the past few days and I feel like... (and trust me that I am no expert at this)... but I feel like maybe we can start by helping each other out. 

We all have accounts that we would like to have more followers on. We either have a TPT store, Facebook page, Instagram account, Blog, Twitter, Periscope. Maybe we have them all. 

So here's what I am proposing: 

If you have a blog, go ahead and create a blog post that describes you so that we can all get to know each other a little bit more. Then, post TWO of your social media accounts WITH LINKS that we can all go to and follow. I'm only posting TWO so that we don't overwhelm each other with tons of links from the get-go. I would like to call this "FRIENDSHIP FRIDAYS," and we can do it weekly on Fridays. Create your blog post and leave me the link as a reply on this post. I will create a post next Friday that will feature all of your links and we all go and get to know each other and help each other out by following one another on the two links we've provided. 

If you don't have a blog, send me an email to classroomtopia@gmail.com with your "get-to-know-me" and two links, and I will post that directly onto my Friendship Fridays blog post. 

If you are interested in joining this, leave me a comment saying "I'm in!" just so I know how many to expect. Then, be sure to reply back with the link to your post (or email me) before this upcoming Friday. :)

Be sure to come back on Friday to participate! :) 


10 comments:

  1. Teaching with Mommarmstrong here! I think this is the info I need to leave. Can you tell I am new at this?
    https://instagram.com/teachingwithmommarmstrong/
    http://teachingwithmommarmstrong.blogspot.com/ - my actual blog
    http://teachingwithmommarmstrong.blogspot.com/2015/08/a-little-something-about-mommarmstrong.html- link to the post about me

    Let me know if I need to do something different and thank you for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jessica!!! It's perfect! Could you pleeeaaase do me a huge favor though and add those two links to the blog post itself. Everything else is perfect.
      Thank you SO much!!

      Delete
  2. Hello!! Here's the link to my blog post! Looking forward to meeting some new teachers!
    http://ttanr.blogspot.com/2015/08/hi-everyone-mr.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there :) I am always up to making new friends. Thanks for your fun idea.

    Blog ~ Flamingos and Butterflies

    Our class Facebook page ~ Mrs. Dunn's Class

    Tina


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tina!! Thanks for joining! This week we are introducing ourselves to all our new friends, so what I'll do is set the link to go to your "about me" page. I LOVE all of the pictures you have on there! What a neat idea!

      Delete
  4. I'm excitedddd!

    Here's my link:
    http://theteachingfox.blogspot.com

    Hopefully I followed directions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's PERFECT Tiffany!!! Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Tiffany, actually - could you do me a favor and hyperlink your Instagram and TPT store links.
      I wasn't sure how to do this at first, so if you're in the same boat as I was, highlight your words, then click on "link" at the top, it will open up a new box where you can paste in your URL. I hope this helps! If not, let me know! :)

      Delete